Thursday, May 27, 2004

Check out the pics of my new finchies in my moblog :)
I had zebra finches year ago and started with a pair and ended up with a flock - but one summer while I was at summer camp, they all died :(
This time I got some society finches. They're like the cheapest ones you can get at the pet store, but you can actually get them in all sorts of color combos. Unfortunately, Petco only had reessive pied ones, so I got a chocolate recessive pied and a fawn recessive pied one. The girl is cute though, she has little black circles around her eyes. I need to think of names.

Petco retard # 1: I had to return one of the first birds I got because it turned out to be a male. I had been watching them at petco for about 20 minutes and it was the only one that didn't sing, and another male had tried to mount it. I guess that male was just feeling sad that there were no girls around because well yeah. There was some gay society finch lovin going on. So I took him back this morning and the manager of the store opens the box in the middle of the store and the bird flies away. Yeah. She was that smart. Very nice though. And so long as he doesn't fly into the cage of one of the cats they have there, he should be okay. He'll hear the other birdschirping and get lonely and go visit them.

Peto retard #2. The other hick that was helping me - I told her I wanted to get a female; I'd been watching the birds a while and had found at least two that were females. So I went to go get her; she gave me some kind of 100% false spew about being able to tell them apart by color. We went into the bird room and she started going "That one is 100% female. That one is partly female."

huh?????

did I miss something?



I didn't say anything. Should I have? I don't know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home