Sunday, November 02, 2003


This is a photo of me on halloween that Rich took. I hope he doesn't mind that I'm stealing it from him, but it is a picture of me, after all, so I'm not going to sweat it too much. Besides, he's getting free publicity. I'm sure that he wants all the people who google "frederic van coppernolle gay" (btw, try it. I'm in a very elite set of sites, I am!) looking at his photos.

I managed to break the wooden dowel in my cobra staff in the car on the way to the train, but it's easy enough to fix, and I think I'm going to fix it with a length of threaded 1/4 inch steel. I have plenty lying around from all my research supplies, anyway. And then it won't break! Obviously I didn't finish all the details on my dress (the little leaves that were supposed to be decorating the epaulets? Yeah, I hot-glued them to me hair), and I didn't have enough time to make the dress wear-proof before going out, but it's easy enough to fix and I will before I wear it again. Unfortunately the one thing I CAN'T fix is that the gold paint is flakey as hell, particularly on the hot glue. I'm thinking maybe it needs a primer of some sort.

I got "Xena", "She-Ra" and "Gladiator chick" -ed way too many times. Nobody actually recognized Teela, although a couple of people were like "You're He-man, right?". Yes, I'm a steroid-upped freak with a blond pageboy and a big sword. Grant told me that some old man in Penn Station called me "Princessa Carolina" as we walked by. I was wearing a sweat shirt and sweat pants (yeah, like I am going to ride on the LIRR in that short little dress, boyfriend with me or not!) so all that was visible was the cobra tiara... yeah, makes a lot of sense, right?

some people are just weird.

I am procrastinating from writing a really silly one page article for the River Project's winter newsletter. I wonder if they will care that I've spent all of about an hour writing this spew for them. Of course nobody ever really told me what they wanted me to write, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense... oh well. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home