Tuesday, June 10, 2003

As I sit here, waiting to burn a CD for Grant to give to WhiteyOwnsMe, let me relate to you a little story of a little massacre.

Last night I was sitting in front of the computer, when I heard Stella start whining the way she does when zooey steals one of her toys or has something that she wants. Hmm, I thought, I didn't give them anything. I wonder what it is?

SHE HAD A FUCKING HAMSTER IN HER MOUTH.

Dead. After the initial shock, I looked at it and figured maybe she'd found Mama who escaped a good month or so ago. Except this hammy was smaller... it looked like one of the baby hams in fact. So I went downstairs, and the habitrail had broken (fully my fault for not snapping back together properly, but then if grant hadn't dropped it...). That was the cage that had all the girl hammies in it (five of them). There was only one in there. Eventually I found two more, so now there is only one missing (plus of course mom and the original baby that got lost along with her).

There's blood all over the rug, there's blood on my sheets where Stella (I assume it was stella) was chewing on the ham and it's generally just very distressing to think of how that poor ham must have died. It is even more distressing to think of the other hams dying under furniture and rotting away only to be found some day when I rearrange or move.

Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home