Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Warning... this is just self indulgent bullshit so you probably don't want to read it. I'm not even bothering to write it out properly - it's just what I spewed to someone who was unlucky enough to have sent me the first email I read after I got back home last Monday afternoon. By the way, my apologies to that poor person!
I JUST got home, what a disaster. My car's alternator is fucked (bad connection? Joe couldn't figure it out) so last night he figured I had enough charge to at least get home... nope. Made it to exit 12 around 8:30... and then it died. Luckily it died as I was stopping for Taco Bell, so I was in a parking lot. Called Joe; he said he'd get his brother to come help me since his brother lives about 6 miles away... of course, he's in Vegas now. So Joe grabbed his charger, loaded up his toolbox and came to my rescue around 10:30... Got the car started as the battery'd rested a bit; he thought we could get it to his bro's house... nope. Died on 87. Pulled over, pulled out the battery and ditched the car, left the battery to charge at his bro's house, grabbed a battery out of his bro's car, got my car back, and at first light this morning around 5 AM I left... made it to the last rest area on the Thruway JUST after hanging up with Joe and saying I thought I was going to make it... Got my mom to drive over with the thought of swapping batteries with her (she's got a volvo v70 xc too) but no, it's different and we can't. So we go off to try to buy one... NOBODY has one, which is retarded. Finally find someone to charge the old one, leave for a couple of hours, and eventually around 1:30 get my car started and hope I'll make it to my mechanic about 30 minutes away... The lights saying my battery was dying came on as I was turning at his exit, and my car gradually lost speed as I came down his block... about 2 mph about half a block away, had to turn into oncoming traffic, and at about .5 mph finally got into his shop... and then it was completely dead. It was amazing how close it was... but it's finally there. Meanwhile I'm covered in black fly bites and some fucking rash all over my legs from the hideous bushwhack we did trying to get off of Wallface on Saturday, and I feel sick and hot because it's 100 degrees out but I can't use the AC...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home