Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I was going to go climbing on Monday at the gunks after having dinner with ALL of the Szot boys on Sunday night in Saratoga, but we got word that Joe's good friend Dennis Luther was killed in a rappelling accident on Sunday at Poke-O. Joe and Dennis were supposed to go down to West Virginia next week for a trip, ending up at Seneca ironically enough for a shindig they're having in memory of Pat Ament, who was killed in a climbing accident (hit by a trundled rock, actually) earlier this year.

At any rate, it was a muggy, crowded day down in New Paltz, from what I hear, anyway.

Joe will be having a get together in his memory up at the bivy this Friday. If for some odd reason you're finding out about this via my blog and need more info, feel free to email me or leave me a comment and I'll get back to you. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home