Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Last week, I was feeling rather bored, so I bought a whole bunch of stuff on the internet and on ebay. It's fabulous. Every day I get a little package. Presents for me!!

The first thing to arrive was some burgundy velvet:

I'm going to use it to make another LotR costume for next December (and possibly halloween, although I have several other dresses already done). This dress wasn't REALLY in the movie, as it is the dress that Arwen wore during the Battle of the Hornburg - and they managed to almost completely digitally remove her from that entire scene.
Here is the dress; click on it for a link to the LOTR costume homepage which I really should have a link to on my page, permanently:

Next to arrive was a blue zambezi shirt from Prana for Grant
(his was in blue though). It is a great shirt, although it's really geared towards kayaking, with its neoprene cuffs and all.
This morning, I received my prana Aspen vest.

Like I really need another vest, but it's so cute, and it's prana!! I don't go climbing now as often as I used to (and in all honesty my rack has been sitting in my closet for about a year, since Karl (my climbing partner) always brings his - figure it's fair, because I always drive) but at least I can still LOOK like a climber! Besides, prana has by far the best fitting pants of any company, and of all the climbing companies their stuff crosses over to wearing out into the real world the best. One time I went to red rocks directly after a day at the gunksand got half a million drunk chicks asking me where I'd gotten my pants (the swami knicker but in green, couldn't find any photos although I have the ivory color too).

I'm still waiting to get my patagonia pataloha shorts

although mine will be in fuschia. I ordered them in a size 9. I have a size 11 which are slightly too big on me. I never understood Patagonia's sizing; in just about every single other company's sizing, I'm a size 6-8 (and actually, I have a pair of Abercrombie cords that are a size 4) How I'm an 11 in Patagonia is beyond me. Sizing is really retarded sometimes.

I also need to get my necklace back . I dropped it and it broke, and when I wrote to the Noble Collection to inquire about where I should take it to get it fixed, they told me to mail it back and they'd replace it. Woo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home